booking terms and conditions
Tree Adventures, by its nature (swinging, climbing and jumping around up to 14 metres above the ground), can be dangerous. Although Tree Adventures Limited (hereafter called Tree Adventures) will take every precaution to ensure your safety and enjoyment, please be aware that accidents can happen. As it is a physical outdoor activity, there is always a chance of injury. These Terms and Conditions limit Tree Adventures’ liability, and define your rights and obligations.
PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY.
- By making your booking with Tree Adventures, you agree to be bound by all of the Terms and Conditions contained in this document.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
Making A Booking
A confirmed booking is essential on any day to guarantee entrance to Tree Adventures. Bookings can be made through our secure online reservation system. Tree Adventures will confirm your reservation by phone or email which indicates our acceptance of your reservation. Tree Adventures makes no guarantees of availability for anyone without a confirmed booking.
- At the time of booking, you will be required to provide your credit card details and a deposit of $10.00 per person booked will be charged to your credit card immediately. You must make payment of the entire balance remaining on the day of your reservation on site at Tree Adventures prior to climbing.
- Booking numbers must be accurate, and group size is not considered flexible. A change in group size without prior notification may result in the loss of your deposit or a fee. See the "Amendments" section below for more details.
- During weekdays outside of school holidays and public holidays a minimum booking of 6 participants is required for Tree Adventures to open. No complimentaries.
Tree Adventures works diligently to protect the security of your credit card information. Your credit card details are not processed or transmitted through or via Tree Adventures' website. All transactions are processed through a secure payment service provider.
- Tree Adventures uses DPS to provide this service. DPS hosts and manages the payment page.
Making Changes To Your Booking
- Amendments to existing reservations, including rescheduling, may be made at any time, however, while Tree Adventures will attempt to accommodate the requested amendment the amendment may not be accepted by Tree Adventures.
At least 24 hours notice is required when you have a decrease in group size of 4 participants or more for bookings of fewer than 30, or 15% for groups of 30 or more. If sufficient notice is not given a charge of $10 per non-arrival will be incurred, and any group discount given will be based on the number of participants present on the day.
During weekdays outside of school holidays and public holidays a minimum booking of 6 participants is required for Tree Adventures to open. Full payment for 6 participants is still required if booking numbers decrease below 6.
If you wish to add additional participants to a booking prior notice and confirmation by Tree Adventures is required. A deposit of $10.00 per additional participant may be required. Tree Adventures makes no guarantees of availability for anyone wishing to participate who is not included in a booking.
Cancelling Your Booking
If you find it necessary to cancel your trip please notify us as soon as possible. If you cancel more than 24 hours prior to your reservation your deposit of $10.00 per person will be refunded to you.
If you cancel less than 24 hours prior to your reservation, or are a ‘no show’, your deposit of $10.00 per person will not be refunded.
We regret we cannot make exceptions for personal emergencies.
Cancellation by Tree Adventures
- Tree Adventures reserves the right to reschedule or cancel all bookings.
- If a booking is cancelled by Tree Adventures, or a new time suitable to you can't be found when required to reschedule a full refund will be given.
A reservation may be rescheduled at any time before 24 hours prior to the reservation time without having to pay another deposit of $10.00 per person.
Rescheduling a booking less than 24 hours prior to the reservation time will result in the booking being considered cancelled and the loss of the deposit. A new booking will be created requiring a deposit of $10 per participant.
Cancellation due to Weather
Tree Adventures is an all weather outdoor activity. If your reason for cancellation is due to unfavourable weather conditions, your booking is in less than 24 hours, and Tree Adventures deems that the weather conditions are safe to allow climbing your deposit of $10.00 per person will not be refunded.
In the circumstances that Tree Adventures deems that the weather conditions make it unsafe to allow climbing resulting in park closure, your deposit will be refunded in full. If you are undertaking the activities when a park closure takes place and you have completed up to 50% of your chosen course option, you may either reschedule your reservation or receive a full refund of the total cost of your reservation.
If you have completed more than 50% of your chosen course option, no refund will be given.
While Tree Adventures endeavours to accommodate groups that arrive after their scheduled reservation time if an alternative reservation time is not available your deposit of $10.00 per person will not be refunded.
- If a participant commences climbing and chooses to stop or discontinue climbing before completion of their courses, no refund will be given. This applies to participants who are unable to finish their chosen course option due to their own time restraints or fatigue.
If a participant chooses not to climb immediately after completing their safety briefing they will be given a refund less $10.00.
During weekdays outside of school holidays and public holidays a minimum booking of 10 participants is required for Tree Adventures to open. Full payment for 10 participants is still required if any participants choose not to climb.
Participants taking more than three hours from check in time to complete their selected course option may not be allowed to complete the remaining courses, and no refunds will be given.
- Tree Adventures takes every precaution to ensure the safety of all participants. However, by undertaking the activities with Tree Adventures, you are assuming the risk of any injury, including death.
- To help minimise the risks to all involved, you are required to follow all instructions of all Tree Adventures employees and agents. Failure to follow any instructions or recommendations is at your own risk. Tree Adventures, its employees and agents will not be held responsible for any injury caused to you, or by you to others, resulting from your failure to follow an instructions or recommendations.
- If your failure to follow any instructions or recommendations causes an increase in risk, or threatens the safety and enjoyment of others, Tree Adventures reserves the right to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the other participants, including immediate termination of your participation on the courses at Tree Adventures.
- The activities at Tree Adventures do often require a reasonable level of physical fitness and agility. Tree Adventures reserves the right to reject your booking if your physical condition poses a potential threat to the safety of your self or other participants.
- Every participant is required to sign a standard release before climbing at Tree Adventures, acknowledging awareness that some risks are associated with the activities. Due to the nature of the activities at Tree Adventures a condition of your participation is that you will be required to sign this form before climbing.
- Your reservation with Tree Adventures does not include insurance of any type. All types of insurance are your responsibility.
- To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. For the sake of clarity, Tree Adventures will not be responsible for any theft or damage of any of your property brought onto the Tree Adventures premises. You bring your valuable belongings at your own risk.
- Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured. In addition, New Zealand's accident compensation scheme provides only limited assistance to visitors to New Zealand who are injured. We strongly recommend that all visitors to New Zealand have full insurance covering any injury they might suffer, including medical treatment cover, before climbing at Tree Adventures.
Photographs and Handy cam/DVD images
- All participants grant to Tree Adventures, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs and images of you and your property in connection with Tree Adventures. You authorise Tree Adventures, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print or promotional DVDs and/or electronically. You agree that Tree Adventures may use such photographs and images of you without your name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
- While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, Tree Adventures makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- Tree Adventures does not warrant that the servers that make this website available will be error, virus or bug free and you accept that it is your responsibility to make adequate provision for protection against such threats. We recommend scanning any files before downloading.
- In no event will Tree Adventures be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential or special damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damage, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any linked websites.
- Material on this website, including text and images, is protected by copyright law and is copyright to Tree Adventures unless credited otherwise. It may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Prior written consent of the copyright holder must be obtained for any other use of material.
- All intellectual property rights in relation to this website are reserved and owned by Tree Adventures.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Tree Adventures. Tree Adventures has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Tree Adventures may collect information in order to provide further services or information to users. Once collected, the information will be stored and used only for the intention for which it was collected. The privacy of your information collected by us will be maintained at all times and it will not be shared with third parties. You have the right, at any time, to request your information be removed from our system.
- Tree Adventures reserves the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions and their Disclaimer notice from time to time and any revised version will be deemed to be applicable from the first date of publication on this website.
- This website is owned by Tree Adventures Limited. Tree Adventures Limited is a New Zealand company registered with the Companies Office, number 1507276, with its registered office at Gilligan Sheppard, 4th Floor, Smith & Caughey Building, 253 Queen St, Auckland 1010.
Disputes with Tree Adventures
- These Terms and Conditions and any contract to which they apply are governed in all respects by New Zealand Law and they shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined by a court to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall be unaffected and shall continue in full force and effect.
How to Find us
Talk Of The Trees" We would just like to thank you again for the superb experience. Many of our kids rated your experie... "
Ana and Heather, Gisborne Intermediate School